Last year was big for Degrees of Change. From welcoming our next CEO and three new team members, to launching a new program and scaling our existing programming, we have been busy growing and thriving. Our 2023 highlights:
- Welcoming our next CEO Marquise Dixon.
- Launching a new program, Seed Teachers, in partnership with Pacific Lutheran University and Tacoma Public Schools.
- Adding three new team members, Kari Young, Senior Development Director, Tara Yi, Seed Teachers Director, and Gaby Morales, Act Six and Seed Internships Program Manager.
- Tripling the number of Seed Internships since 2021.
- Franklin Pierce School District joining Seed Teachers.
- Seventy-five high school seniors earning Act Six scholarships to attend college.
- Ninety-one Act Six scholars graduating college and earning their degrees.
Across the last two decades, our programs have served over 1,500 underrepresented students. We are proud of these exceptional young leaders and alumni, and also of our exceptional team who have worked tirelessly to support underserved students through college and career. See more in the infographic below:
Featured image: Seed Teachers PLU Cadre 1. (Photo by Ron Storer)
Sign up for our newsletter for monthly updates and ways to get involved.