Degrees Of Change
Believe In Our Mission?
Join the Team
Degrees of Change attracts exceptional individuals–people who aren’t just looking for a job, but are looking to make a difference. Our team is made up of courageous individuals who are passionate about transformation that impacts not just individual students, but whole communities. If you’re looking to invest your time and talent in a mission that matters, we’d love to talk to you.
We Take Care of Our Team
- Competitive compensation
- Generous matching contribution to 401(k) retirement plan
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision plans fully paid for employee
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance at no cost to employee
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and family leave
Status: Full-time with full benefits
Location: Tacoma, WA
Apply by: September 18, interviews are ongoing
To college and back. Together. Degrees of Change (DoC) is a not-for-profit organization that prepares diverse, homegrown leaders to succeed in college and use their degrees to build more vibrant and equitable communities. We partner with community organizations, high schools, colleges and employers to provide cohort-based leadership training, college success support, career development and alumni programming to underrepresented students who desire to lead and serve their home communities. As both a national backbone organization and local, direct service provider in Tacoma-Seattle, we provide and utilize research-based programming, cutting-edge evaluation and data tools, and innovative operational systems and technical assistance to support all aspects of our integrated programs. Learn more at degreesofchange.org.
We have created intuitive software that improves understanding of student post-secondary journeys as well as provides insight into diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the high school curriculum, the college application process, and college graduation rates. Our software analyzes college enrollment data to enable high schools to improve their curriculum, graduating seniors apply to the right colleges, and help students persist and graduate at the post-secondary level.
Coordinating and implementing our marketing and growth programs for a brand-new software product, the Customer Service & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for executing Degrees of Change’s marketing efforts for the product as well as work as customer support for initial launch. This support will include updating and maintaining a content calendar, content publication, and managing the company’s CRM. Throughout this process, this role will focus on generating awareness for the company and product, educating the market on this new service.
The ideal candidate possesses marketing experience with a unique blend of customer service, copywriting and analytical skills; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their pain points and find innovative ways to communicate with the marketplace.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing strategy and planning, including definition, socialization, and execution
- Coordinate occasional local and national trade shows
- Create inbound demand with webinars, social selling, and email campaigns
- Experience in driving, developing and executing creative, innovative integrated marketing programs to deliver pipeline coverage for the sales team
- Manage social media content and distribution
- Storyline creation and implementation (including use cases, solution marketing, and solution selling)
- Content creation and delivery – webinars, events, and presentations
- Measure and report on all marketing activities to determine effectiveness
- Help support partner marketing, planning, and strategies
- Research and drive recommendations for ongoing marketing innovation
- Lead cross-functional projects to ensure operational readiness for company projects/initiatives, including trade shows and industry events
- Work with and manage marketing agency support for web, print, and SEO/PPC efforts
- Analyze marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing efforts
- Coordinate and communicate to customers piloting and using the product
- Engage with key stakeholders – sales, product management, and partners
- Act as customer liaison for district and outreach organizations with non-technical issues or questions
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Very strong written communication skills including copy creation and editing
- Desire to learn about target market, target users, technology, and the National Student Clearinghouse data that it utilizes
- Marketing for SaaS and Cloud-based applications desired
- Knowledge of marketing software including HubSpot, Google Analytics, email, and social marketing tools, WordPress and more
- Experience with high school and high school district educational data desired
- Proficiency with data and the ability to explain complex data sets/systems in layman’s terms
- Positive, energetic attitude, and initiative; strong work ethic – ability to get things done and produce results
- Able to work comfortably in a hands-on, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Mission-driven and altruistic
- Creative thinker, strategic thinker, problem solver
- 3+ years of marketing experience desired (including traditional and digital marketing) for business to business (B2B) software or technology products. Equivalent drive to succeed considered if less than 3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of the US high school education system desired
- Familiarity of Business to Government selling/marketing desired
EMPLOYMENT TERMS, ACCOUNTABILITY & COMPENSATION
- Full-time, exempt, salaried position.
- Starting annual salary range of $43,000 - $60,000, determined on experience
- Comprehensive benefits including:
- 4% matching contribution to 401(k) retirement plan;
- Regence PPO Platinum + health plan, premiums paid 100% for employee, 50% for dependents;
- Delta Dental + VSP Signature Vision, premiums paid 100% for employee, 50% for dependents;
- short- and long-term disability insurance, no cost to employee;
- $50,000 life insurance, no cost to employee; and
- Generous paid vacation, personal, sick and family leave.
APPLICATION & TIMELINE
- Apply online at indeed.com by September 18
- Interviews are ongoing as viable candidates apply
- Anticipated start date is as soon as possible