We are seeking volunteer readers to join our Act Six community selection committee. You will play a critical role in choosing young people for our flagship program, recommending 10-20 semifinalists for a leadership scholarship at one of our partner colleges: Pacific Lutheran University (PLU), Saint Martin’s University (SMU), or Northwest University.
Act Six provides full-tuition, full-need scholarships, and leadership training for emerging urban and community leaders who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities at home. Scholarships are worth over $200,000.
Members of the selection committee will commit to the following:
1. Attend the virtual committee orientation, Friday, December 15, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
2. Read and score applications. Applications will become available to committee members December 15. Plan on spending 10-20 hours reading and scoring applications over a four-week period.
3. Submit application scores via our online system by or before January 4, 2023.
4. Attend an in-person selection meeting. There will be a selection committee meeting for each school. You will attend one of the following (meals provided):
- PLU: Monday, January 8, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- SMU: Tuesday, January 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Northwest: Thursday, January 11, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you are interested in joining our Act Six selection committee, please email us by Friday, December 1, 2023.