JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking for highly-qualified, committed individuals who want to invest their talent and time in a mission that matters, joining a diverse, high-performing team in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and flexible work environment.
There are no current contract opportunities.
There are no current full-time job openings.
Current work study job openings:
Data Analyst Intern (UWT, PLU, or UPS: Open Until Filled)
Location: Tacoma, WA
Apply By: As Soon as Possible
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
To college and back. Together. Degrees of Change (DoC) is a national not-for-profit organization that helps communities and colleges develop networks of diverse, well-educated, mission-minded leaders by sending students to college together in cohorts while empowering them to grow as leaders, complete their degrees, and connect their talents and efforts to make their home communities more vibrant and equitable. In doing so, DoC increases success in higher education among students who have traditionally been underrepresented in higher education, particularly low-income students, students of color, and first-generation college students. Learn more at degreesofchange.org.
The Data Analyst Intern (DAI) will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting software tools that present complex data visually. We need someone that can understand a problem, design and build a solution, and help our customers use our software tools.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new information dashboards from a variety of data sources, using a variety of tools and environments.
- Help others use new and existing dashboards and tools effectively.
- Provide basic support to users via internet forums.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be work study eligible at UW Tacoma, PLU or UPS.
- Strong team-first and customer-first mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in applying hard data to complex problems in the social sciences.
- Comfortable learning programming details independently.
- Previous programming experience with SQL and/or advanced analytical features in Excel (DAX, PowerBI) or an advanced statistical analysis package
The DAI will apply multiple data analysis tools to building solutions. In some cases, the job may involve independently learning to use those tools, or finding a better tool. This is a great opportunity to understand how customers use cloud-based software and to learn how to build better software. The Intern will be participating in developing and operating a cloud-based software business in its early stages.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS, ACCOUNTABILITY & COMPENSATION
Part-time, 10 – 15 hours per week.
Hourly rate: $15 – $20.
Reports to Chief Technology Officer and President.
APPLICATION & TIMELINE
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.